Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jett the Corgi


Here's a preview of my latest dog, Jett the Corgi. It's not finished in this picture but you get the idea. I had a friend who really wanted a ceramic Corgi. She sent many pictures of her long suffering dog, including the one where she dressed the dog in a school bus costume. This one actually started life as a sitting sculpture. It just wasn't working for me that way. So I put it aside for a long time, wondering what I could do with it. When I started working on it again, I just went and mushed it, trying to figure it out. It finally told me what it wanted to look like. It's got a "You got a goodie?" look or maybe "Go for a walk?", as if he's about to hop up for a closer look. It will be awhile before I can get to molding him. I think this one will be fun to glaze. He's got big eyes, unlike the beady eyed Bull Terriers I usually do.


1 comment: