Saturday, August 8, 2009

Justine

Justine

So after being sick for so long but not quite up to returning to work, I decided to take a week's vacation. I get very industrial when I'm not working my regular job. I have so much more energy to do creative projects. I cast, cleaned and fired a few things. I have a small stock of the new mare to work with, and plenty of Bullies. I started the appaloosa above this week. This is the first coat of underglaze. All brush work and etching at this point. I need to get a new bottle of latex to start the rest.

Did I tell you the new mare has a name? I call her Justine. Maybe if I can get my act together I will do a giveaway contest for one. I'll have to come up with some type of interesting contest.

Large Horse Head

Collie

I also managed to clean up my room in the house. It took five days but I can now use the work table in there. Not only that but I can actually walk around in there without tripping over something. The room houses most of my Breyer collection on the walls but the middle of the room has space for the table. I've set up some sculpting and other work that I can do in the house. Even though I live near the beach it still gets pretty warm out in the barn in the summer. Above is a couple views of some of the sculpting going on.

Bull Terrier Pin Mold

Lastly I sculpted this little pin, a Bull Terrier head. This actually opposite of what the finished one will be. This is the negative side of the rubber master mold. I'm pretty excited about pins right now. They are so fast and easy to make. I'd like to branch out into other breeds and horses.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Other breeds! Here are some suggestions:

    Belgian sheepdog and Aussie (those are mine;^)
    Cardigan Welsh Corgi (my cousin's)
    American Staffordshire Terrier (my best friend's)

    (insert very big sly grin here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgis, Staffies and Aussies seem to be perennial requests!

    ReplyDelete